Sunday 11 January 2015

GREAT WHITE EGRET

Irrespective of the forecast of gale force winds and rain I headed over to the Wirral with 2 target species, Purple Sandpiper and Hen Harrier. It was gale force winds at New Brighton,

the chance of sketching the Purple Sandpipers was zero as I could hardly stand up, a successful trip seeing two birds, moving onto Inner Marsh Farm RSPB I connected with a superb ringtail Hen Harrier close to the hide so the two target species were nailed. The bonus birds of the day were two Great White Egrets sheltering in the gale force winds in the long reedy grass, there was also a lovely low sun, one of the birds stayed relatively still for a few minutes allowing me the attached study.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I’ve decided to resurrect my blog, after 6 years of being dormant to work alongside a long-term project that I have always wanted to do an...