Sunday 23 July 2023

 


I’ve decided to resurrect my blog, after 6 years of being dormant to work alongside a long-term project that I have always wanted to do and that is a national bird field guide. The opportunity has now arisen with a brilliant and enthusiastic field birder, who will be the author and more updates will occur soon. The following plate will be among many for the project, and I’ve been lucky enough to have most species of young tit going through, or breeding in my garden, so I have been studying them over the last few weeks. I would love to have both British Marsh and Willow Tit, in my Cheshire garden, but alas no and these are not relevant to the project anyway, the Coal Tit in the form britiannicus is also not relevant but the form hibernicus would be, so that gives a hint to the field guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I’ve decided to resurrect my blog, after 6 years of being dormant to work alongside a long-term project that I have always wanted to do an...